Thursday, November 13, 2008

Is it Thanksgiving yet?



No really, is it?

Working at a 24 hr corporate diner that's open on Holidays usually means that they are a mess for me. Shifts on holidays are good money, but are always chaos. At the very least one person will call off. Most holidays I work a shift and then have to drive to my parents house which is about four hours away. I get there as everyone is packing up their things and saying goodbye.

This year, I'm super excited because my vacation starts that day! I will be working a shift in the morning and then I get the week entirely to myself! I don't know what I want to do during that time. The possibilities are endless, I can go to Baltimore, DC or Philly for a day trip. Go shopping, visit friends, lay around my parents house and veg out to cable TV.

I don't have anyone tagging along that I have to worry about either. This is my first holiday single in a long time. Frankly, it's a relief. I can do absolutely anything that I want!

No comments: