Saturday, November 15, 2008

Movie Moments

Part of every heartfelt happy-go-lucky movie about people's lives includes some kind of montage of all the fun things people do with one another. There is the scene where the couple is curled up on the couch watching a movie, there is always a scene of the whole group gathered around a table eating dinner, there is generally some sort of 'fight' scene with the friends throwing popcorn, throwing water balloons, or having a paintball fight. For me, those moments are what really make life worthwhile.

Tonight, I had one of those moments. I was at James' and Denice's for their weekly poker night. They've been doing this with Priscilla C and her husband and various others for over a month. Because I was working at the Scarehouse I haven't been able to make it. I finally had a Saturday night free. So I went and got cupcakes then made my way to their house.

I love these people. They are so open with each other and treat each other so well. We were all sitting around the table, elbow to elbow eating polish food. There were 7 of us around a table for 4, but it wasn't cramped or claustrophobic at all. After we ate everyone got their quarters out and the games began. Not only the game at hand, but the verbal battle as well. There is nothing I like more than trading friendly insults.

I quickly lost my money, but I wasn't bothered by it at all. I had such an amazing time. My chest just swelled with warm fuzzy feelings and all I could do was smile as I handed over my quarters.

No comments: